Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 3-Saturday, September 13

Saturday was another beautiful day in Reno. We watched several heat races in the different classes and we also wandered the pits. The variety of airplanes and all the colors and paint schemes create a collage of colors and patterns. Many of the pit crews were working on the engines and that means we can see all the intricate linkages and mechanisms underneath the cowlings. There is only one Reno, and when you see it firsthand, you will understand the feeling I'm trying to convey.

My son Josh officially became a member of "Section 3" at the Reno Air Races today. It's quite a group, and I am seriously considering it myself.



This day ended with a most enjoyable social gathering/meal at the hangar of RV-9A Builder/Pilot Dan Ross, with the help of several other RV builder/pilots in the Reno/Carson City area. I met for the first time several folks I have conversed with in Doug Reeves' VAF Forums. Other folks who pitched to provide food and beverages included Greg Arehart, Mike Barrow and Bev (I don't know her last name, but her dessert was WONDERFUL! If someone knows the last name of the lady I'm speaking of, please email me at rv7boy'at'yahoo.com and I will correct this post.)



Sunset at the Reno airport with newfound friends like Brad, Chad, Dan, Cherri, Mercedes, Dayton, Greg, Mike, Mike and Mike in addition to airplanes like the Evolution, Relentless, a P-51 doing touch and goes, plus an RV-9A in the hangar makes memories which will not soon be forgotten!

Thanks again to everyone who helped make the RenoRVRendezvous (R3) a Reality. (Is that R4?)

That's all for Saturday night.

No comments: